Current listening:
"Lift" by Audio Adrenaline again after a few weeks break from it.
-such good music. I really like how it is 1) upbeat and 2) worshipful and I guess 3) not cheesy worshipful, but lively worshipful.
Dudu, by Tarkan: A Turkish Pop singer who incorporates traditional style with modern pop. The school kids in Turkey could all sing in unison (very well) the main hit song of his called "dudu". This music is better than most pop I've heard here in the US.
Stanley Climbfall by Lifehouse, but I usually skip most of it because it is slow, and I've over-listened to it. Tends to be depressing.
I had a two week craze over VNV's "Electronaut". The only song on the album which doesn't have words. It's very futuristic techno, but for some reason the unusual rhythm just grabbed my attention. I was introduced to it by my friend Phil's streaming server (which is now down).
I'll finish this post with an english Translation of the song "Dudu" by Tarkan. It smacks of Song of Solomon for some reason (style/wording... not really the idea). Dudu means "Woman".
Dudu
cant be separation without the crying
memories won't stay well behaved
he ones left behind carry the ones that go
in their hearts
love isn't a burden to those who love
this is how we know it - this is how we live it
ooooooooo oooooooo
she knows it as well
ooooooooo oooooooo
she's in love as well
ooooooooo oooooooo
knowing all she's defiant against love
she does as she pleases anyway
fresh as a flower valuable, the one and only
as pure as mothers milk should drink her
pleasant speaking tongue
her eyes are the likes of the sea and oceans
this heart of mine is letting her get away with things
is always hovering around her
she's so spoilt/coy
whatever it does (the heart) she overlooks it stubbornly
she makes you brood over
ooooo oooooooo
she's strongly desiring it aswell
ooooo oooooooo
(i can't make out what he says here)
ooooooooo oooooooo
knowing all she's defiant against love
she does as she pleases anyway
don't take notice of me laughing (don't believe i'm happy)
see it - hear it - but don't believe it
I'm shattered, my heart is
in ten thousand pieces
with every breath I takeat every step I take
if only my life/my darling could be here
with me now
fresh as a flower
valuable, the one and only
as pure as mothers milk
should drink her
pleasant speaking tongue
her eyes are the likes of the sea and oceans
threw all my
sorrows/worries inside (kept them inside)
t's my right to live like anyone else
(two lines here i couldn't make out also)
it's possible that it could rain everyday
people do make mistakes
perhaps if we hold on to each other
the sun may rise (be born)"


4 Comments:
now that I read it.. (the song that is) the lyrics are kinda gushy. dc: oh well. It sounds great!
lakfmple
I always wondered what it meant in english. I bought the CD in Izmir.
man... that song brings back memories... i want to go back to Turkey... to the days when the Cow group ruled the DR on thursday evenings!
I will never be able to forgive myself. It was my first week in Antalya Turkey, it was very busy, and i had no clue who Tarkan was. So when asked, from a sponser, if I would like free backstage passes to see Tarkan that night, i turned it down. I am still mad at myself to this day. Since then i have grown to love tarkan.
erik, didn't you have contact with a Turkish folk singer from Mersin????
Post a Comment
<< Home